July 11, 2013
Why Every Local Photographer Should Enter Uncover / Discover 2013
- EXHIBITION AT NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC DURING FOTOWEEKDC 2013.
- NEW CATEGORIES - Photographers from DC / MD / VA can enter portfolios into one of two categories, or both Fine Art and Photojournalism.
- EXPERT CURATORS - Renowned editors from National Geographic (Pamela Chen & Elizabeth Krist) and fine art gallery owners (Margaret Heiner & George Hemphill).
- MORE CHANCES TO BE SELECTED - Enter up to 3 portfolios in each category.
- EXPOSURE, EXPOSURE, EXPOSURE! - FotoDC will provide online exposure to selected photographers and FotoDC favorites through the FotoDC website, FotoPage, FotoNews, Facebook, and other media coverage.
- FOTOPAGE - Entry fee includes a 1 year subscription to FotoPage for all participants.
2013 FotoWeekDC Highlights
We have very exciting news! Through a partnership with the National Geographic Museum, we will be presenting a powerful and thought provoking exhibit in the National Geographic Courtyard, 17th & M Street NW during FotoWeek. The exhibit will feature selected Uncover / Discover works, International Awards Competition winners (Competition launches by mid-August) and other content curated exclusively for FotoWeekDC 2013.
Save the Date! : Friday, November 1 – Come celebrate the Festival launch party at National Geographic! Great exhibitions, monumental HD Projections, music, food, drinks and more! Tickets will go on sale in September.
FotoWeekEDU: Our partner, the Goethe Institut will again be generously hosting FotoWeekEDU featuring exciting ½ day workshops, portfolio reviews, and educational programming presented by an all-star list of top professionals. Presenter/workshop details and registration will be open by late August.
Stay tuned for more details!
ARTISPHERE - Artisphere's PHOTO/VIDEO 13 exhibition, on view until July 27th, provides audiences with the opportunity to engage with works by photographers and video artists from the area and includes a forum for regional artists to showcase and sell their work.
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY MUSEUM AT THE KATZEN ARTS CENTER - Seminar Series and Open House sponsored by the Art Dealers Association of Greater Washington and the American University Museum at the Katzen Arts Center. Join presenters Christopher Addison, Kathleen Ewing and Dale Johnson for the first seminar Collecting Photographs: Vintage and Contemporary Photographs on July 18th at the Katzen Arts Center.
Not a FotoDC Partner yet? As a Partner, your photography news and events will be showcased throughout the year on our website and newsletter. Create your own PartnerPage and benefit from increased awareness, huge audiences, and greater impact. Join Now!AneLise Large
PHOTOGRAPHERS SHARE YOUR NEWS!
HANNELE LAHTI - Is part of PHOTO/VIDEO 13 at Artisphere ( a juried mid-atlantic exhibition) running through July 27, 2013. Included in the exhibit are two new images from her Ebb & Flow Series.
SEBASTIAN RICH - renowned conflict photographer has partnered with The Diplomatic Courier and the United Nations High Commission for Refugees for his exhibit Broken Lives, a collection of refugee images at the National Press Club. The exhibit will be on display until July 31st.
FotoDC WANTS YOU!
FotoDC is looking for Summer/Fall interns! If you are interested in being part of the preparations for the FotoWeekDC 2013 festival and are able to intern approximately 15 hours a week send us your resume to email@example.com.