November 8, 2012
Festival Countdown: 1 day!
- Downtown: The Festival Hub - Visit FotoWeekCentral and 7 key downtown locations located in the heart of Washington, DC for the 5th Annual FotoWeek Festival! Start at the Central hub and conveniently walk to other nearby photography exhibits and events. But the high quality photography doesn't stop there, be sure to take advantage of all FotoWeek has to offer.
- Expedition Voyage Sweepstakes - Throughout the festival, enter to win a $10,000 Linblad Expedition Voyage to Baja California! Spend 8 days/7 nights, not only exploring the beautiful scenery, but capturing it through your lens. Details will be released Wednesday, November 7. Stay tuned!
FotoWeek by Night - The festival doesn't stop at the end of the day. Join us for FotoWeek by Night at exciting venues, including Georgetown’s newest lounge, MalMaison and Tropicalia, a fantastic dance club at U and 14th street.Click on an event below to purchase your tickets!
Sun 11/11 - Slideluck DC VIII
spectacular slideshow showcasing the work of 20 local and international photographers
Wed 11/14 - 'DISCOTECA' After Party @ Tropicalia
Dance the night away with band BIG EAST and DJs Ozker and Mr. Bonkerz
Thurs 11/15 - Uncover/Discover Photographers
Slideshow featuring regional bodies of work from 2012 selected winners
Fri 11/ 16 - San Francisco’s Open Show
photographers, filmmakers and multimedia producers
come together to focus on Arab Spring in Syria
- Benefit Opening and Closing Parties - We're closing in on FotoWeekDC and its time to claim your spot at the party! With the purchase of a ticket for theBenefit Launch Party (open bars, food, great music and great crowd) you will receive a free CD from DJ G-Flux (supplies may be limited)! On Saturday, November 17, join us at our Closing Party for one last hurrah (open bar, hot latin band, late bites)! Grab your tickets before they sell out!
- FotoWeekEDU Seminars & Portfolio Reviews - Emerse yourself in an all-dayseminar Nov 10-13 and 15-17 with one of our leading presenters: Gerd Ludwig, Daniel Milnor, Mary Virginia Swanson, Brian Storm, VII Photographer Ed Kashi, Aline Smithson, Michael Melford, Tom Mangelsen, PDN 30: Alice Gabriner, Mark Mahaney & Rebecca Drobis moderated by Holly Hughes. Have your work reviewed at our Portfolio Reviews on Sunday, November 11.
- Volunteer Opportunity! - Want a chance to be a part of creating FotoWeekDC's Festival? We are looking for passionate and reliable volunteers to help us bring together our big week! You can assist during Portfolio Reviews, Seminars, the Opening/Closing parties and at various venues throughout the week. Click here to register as a volunteer - and thank you!
- Check us out! - Stay updated with us through our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and more for the latest announcements including giveaways, special events, and Festival prizes as we approach FotoWeekDC.
PartnerNews and Festival Events:
Come join the Leica Store - The Washington DC store will be holding an Open Studio shooting event on November 10. Featuring the Leica S-System, along with a live model, lighting setup and workstation for you to use the system that's creating new benchmarks in medium format quality and performance.
Tomorrow We Disappear - Sixth & I Historic Synagogue will be holding the exhibit by Emmy award-winning photographer showcases a visual journey through India's last colony of magicians, acrobats, and puppeteers. Experience the last remnants of this culture born out of folk art and molded by poverty. Opening will be held on November 14, please RSVP.
iLCP "Oceans In Focus" Opening Reception FREE - On Tuesday, November 13 from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, exhibit will be presented in the lobby and bar area of the Dupont Circle Hotel, including 18 framed marine themed prints by noted wildlife photographers David Doubilet, Brian Skerry, Michelle Westmorland and Octavio Aburto. Come see these beautiful prints and mingle with like minded photography fans. The prints will be available for sale during the event and throughout FotoWeek (Nov 9 - 18).
In addition, the Leica Store Washington DC is partnering with Vivid Solutions DC Print Lab to provide the first 25 participants one free 8 x10 print of their image.